High temp ceramic coatings have the ability to resist very high temperatures, as well as wear and tear and chemical corrosion. This means the item you coat with these ITC high temp coatings will be much more durable than without the coatings. High temperature ceramic coatings are frequently used in industrial applications for the following reasons:
- Thermal shock: If the ceramic coating is modified as a three-layer system, it can be used for thermal shock applications. The coating is able to resist heat because it absorbs the radiant energy and releases it back out from the surface it is applied to. There is a metallic base coat, a ceramic intermediate layer, and a ceramic layer coating on top. Missile steering vanes benefit from these coatings.
- Surface seals: Cermanic coatings are used in the food manufacturing and the pharmaceutical industries to provide surface seals to product packaging.
- High speed and high velocity: Because high temp ceramic coatings can withstand high temperatures, they can also provide more effective performance in high speed and high-velocity situations. Land-based aerospace turbine components used it for that reason.
- Bearing contamination reduction: Ceramic coatings have great wear and tear resistance, meaning they work very effectively with rubber, metal, and polymer to reduce the risk of contamination in production.
- Critical seals: Ceramic coatings are used for critical seals in high-speed, heavy-duty industrial applications like steel production and power generation equipment.
- Leak minimization: Nearly all processing environments can benefit from the leak minimization provided by high temp ceramic coatings. During the manufacturing process, the possibility for leaks in packaging or machinery is always there, and ceramic coatings help reduce that.
Ceramic is incredibly heat resistant, and it can withstand temperatures of 2,000 degrees Celsius, or 3,800 degrees Fahrenheit. ITC ceramic coatings can withstand up to 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit. This is why it's called high temp ceramic coating. They can be used in a variety of situations for many different applications. They can be used to seal leaks, provide corrosion protection, and anything in between. If you want to take advantage of the many benefits and applications of high temp ceramic coatings, check out our inventory today!